Sunday, September 11, 2005

BEING HAPPY IS ENLIGHTENMENT!


I think that knowing the cause of suffering, avoiding them (causes), handling misfortune and pain and knowing the art or science of being happy and spreading happiness in the world is enlightenment. I find it hard to believe that there is any mystery attached with ‘Enlightenment’. Enlightenment can be achieved through meditation, sex, reading, writing, traveling, talking, loving, helping others, dancing, music, sports, business and making money, drinking, partying, foods (cooking or eating them) or even through blogging! This is what my idea of enlightenment is! I might be right, I might be wrong. But then it is a journey, the journey of self-discovery that I have embarked upon. This is my first step towards discovery of a spiritual world that I think lies within us. More on this in my next blog.

No comments: